[mythtv-users] Is CRID an international standard?

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Fri Nov 28 11:13:33 UTC 2014

> "Angela" <angela.schmid at wolke7.net> wrote:
> > For me it is not clear which problem you have, but maybe you
> > experience the same problem I had:
> > https://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-June/364899.html
> >
> > Maybe the attached patch could be of help for you, it removes the
> > programID/seriesID from the EIT event, before writing to the DB.
> > It also describes the problem I had with the programID/seriesID.
> >
> > Angela
>
> The CRID includes information about which sub-channel the broadcast was
> on.  So, the unique part at the end identifies a program, but the CRID as
> whole differs between the original and the repeat.  Even though titles and
> descriptions match, MythTV thinks that the programs are different and
> records both.  It is not a major problem, but it is one of those little
surprises
> that pop up every now and again.
>
> For a patch to be useful to me I will have to learn how to compile.
> That is on my TODO list, but not high on the list.  Unfortunately no-one
has
> any other ideas, so I will continue to kludge the occasional recording
rule and
> think about mucking about with the compiler later.

You are describing the exact same problem I have.

Too bad the programID/SeriesID (CRIDs) are not defined by the producer (film
maker). In my case an EPG provider collects the program from all channels
and construct their own CRIDs and generate the EIT events. They are often
not the same for repeats on the same channel, on different channels they
most of the time have other values and are there for useless.

Myth should have on option to use the programID/seriesID for scheduling or
ignore them. I submitted a request:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12327
Don't expect it to be implemented asap. So you might consider my simple
patch as a workaround.

Besides the patch, you should run the following sql once, it takes care to
forget about the recorded history (maybe this is not needed depending on the
scheduling engine, but just to be on the save side):
update mythconverg.recordedprogram
set seriesid = ''
   ,programid = ''
;