[mythtv-users] fire tv stick for 19.99

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 22:45:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> On 11/26/2014 03:47 PM, jacek burghardt wrote:
>
>> I just received my firestick and installed xbmc and it works fine with
>> mythtv
>>

> How do you use it? I tried the mythbox add-on, which fails for lack of
> access to tmp directories?

Got mine last night. I didn't realize you could install XBMC on it; I'll
have to try that.

I installed the Plex app and was surprised to see that my MythTV channel
came across (It doesn't show up in Windows 8 or Xbox One). It defaulted to
the lowest quality setting and was awful. I mucked around and got it
running pretty smoothly with the 12mb/sec setting.

I'll have to research where the bottleneck is - I assume it's my wifi - But
playback of 1080i recordings at that 12mb/sec setting works really well so
far.