[mythtv-users] recommended video capture hardware

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Nov 26 20:38:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Zach C <uid000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the HD-PVR 1212 still the recommended hardware for HD capture?

Yes, for analog capture, this is still the only method that has linux support.

> I see Hauppauge has a new series HDMI capture devices, but no Linux support. :-(

Note also that even under windows, the HDMI capture is limited to
unencrypted sources.  This works well for recording your gaming
sessions (which is what they market it for) but it fails miserably
when trying to record the HDMI output of most cable boxes.

Eric