[mythtv-users] Why do I have some recordings never end?

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:31:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

Recently I switched TV providers.  During the switch I converted my
HDHomerun clear QAM tuner from an antenna to the provider's clear
offerings.   I have 5 tuners for my mythbackend.  3 are hdhomerun primes
with cablecard, 2 are hdhomerun clear qam.  These are the steps I did as
part of the switch:

1) Created a new listing entry in schedules direct.
2) Using myth setup, I changed the lineup from the old provider to the
new for all 5 tuners.
3) Using myth setup, I removed old lineup entries.
4) I made the callsigns the same for the QAM clear channels to match the
prime supplied channels.
5) I ran mythfilldatabase with dd-grab-all

In general, things are recording fine.  Every now and then I have a
recording that starts on one of the prime tuners, but checking a day
later myth thinks it's still active and the tuner is one of the clear
qam tuners.  Weird.  In fact, right now, myth thinks New Girl is still
recording.  That recording started on Tuesday.

Interesting, the recording isn't really doing anything.  The size of the
file is the same and it contains the full half-hour show.  Viewing isn't
a problem.

Today, I'm going to remove all tuners and listings and re-add them again
from scratch.  It's a pain but it will probably be what most folks
suggest.  I'm still curious why it's happening.

Thank you!