[mythtv-users] PCTV 292e DVB-T2

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:23:37 UTC 2014

> On 26 Nov 2014, at 3:44 pm, "Gary Buhrmaster" <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> So MythTV is incorrectly trying to tune DVB-T2 channels as DVB-T, it's just in the past this was masked because if the tune failed the driver tried DVB-T2 anyway despite being asked (by MythTV) to tune as DVB-T?
>
> What does the driver advertise as far as capabilities?
> If it claims support of various auto detect modes, it is
> responsible to do so.  Otherwise it should reject any
> request for auto detect with EINVAL  A driver can not
> have it both ways (claim support and then not perform it).
> You should be able to write some test cases for your
> device to determine if the driver is properly complaint.
> Likely a good test harness would be useful to many.

Just to clarify, I was asking a question not making a statement.

As far as the driver is concerned, there is a note that auto detection is supported in hardware but not enabled in the driver (which leaves your question completely unanswered, sorry, but hopefully someone with one of these devices will test and respond back shortly). At face value if the driver (when queried) reports support for auto detection but then cannot auto detect then that would seem to be a driver bug. Do you suspect that as the failure mode here? Or just trying to narrow things down?