[mythtv-users] Using program.category_type column to find movies

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:35:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 5:18 AM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> I take a simple and blunt approach to this problem. Whenever I find a
> movie I want to record I select a recording group of 'Movie' when I set up
> the rule and then I know I can find it, however it has been categorised.

You would also benefit from creating a movie template. All future movies
you select to record would automatically be put into the movie recgroup
because they are matching on category_type and the rules for them are being
based on the template.

Also, you can change existing recordings recgroup with M>Storage Options.