[mythtv-users] System hangs occasionally -- more memory didn't solve the problem

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Nov 23 21:57:27 UTC 2014

On 11/23/2014 04:29 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> looks like mythfrontend process is using 100% CPU time, although the
> system shows 49% idle (I'm guessing this is a dual core system?)

Yes. 2 cores.

> I'd suggest looking at the frontend log and maybe extending the
> logging also so other details of your system, ie. CPU, video card,
> playback profiles,filesystem layout and OS?

Here's a few lines from the frontend log that cover the time when the
system hung:

Nov 22 00:05:02 ThinkCentre-M58p mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2735]:
E CoreContext themeinfo.cpp:34 (ThemeInfo) ThemeInfo: The theme
(myth://Temp@ThinkCentre-M58p/remotethemes/0.27/MythCenter-wide) is
missing a themeinfo.xml file.

Nov 22 01:05:02 ThinkCentre-M58p mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2735]:
E CoreContext themeinfo.cpp:34 (ThemeInfo) ThemeInfo: The theme
(myth://Temp@ThinkCentre-M58p/remotethemes/0.27/MythCenter-wide) is
missing a themeinfo.xml file.

Nov 22 02:02:42 ThinkCentre-M58p mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2735]:
I CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:409 (PurgeIdleConnections) New DB co
nnection, total: 3

There are a lot of entries in the file about the missing themeinfo.xml
file. Could that be related to my problem?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens