[mythtv-users] 5 Db rotate

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 23:43:15 UTC 2014

Hoi Daryl,

Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:26:33 AM, you wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>

>  Saturday, November 22, 2014, 11:57:27 PM, you wrote:
>

 >> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
 >> On 11/22/2014 08:23 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 >>
 >>  Greetings Mythizens, I remember in previous setups having the 5 latest Db
 >>  backups kept in /var/lib/mythtv/db_backups. That's not happening now, I am
 >>  getting mythbuntu backups as a result of MCC, but they don't rotate, I go
 >>  in and cull once in a while. From looking at the wiki I have the backup and
 >>  restore scripts in /usr/share/mythtv, and I echo'd the location I want the
 >>  backups to land in, my question is how do I set the frequency to daily and
 >>  select the time? IIRC this used to happen without a cron job.
 >>  Sort of related the box doesn't wakeup for Db backups or MFDB's is this
 >>  even possible?     TIA Daryl
 >>

 >>  The only automatic backups done by the backend are when the schema changes,
 >>  or for most users, when they upgrade. (I'd like to know if I'm wrong about
 >>  that.)
 >>
 >>  Like the other replies, I too use a cron script. So, I'd run it manually
 >>  and see what the output says. Probably like this:
 >>
 >>      sudo /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database
 >>
 >>  but your path/name may be different, so if the above doesn't work, look
 >>  for the right answer in /etc/cron*/*myth* . Don't just run any file you
 >>  find, look at its contents to be sure it's doing a backup.
 >>
 >>  --
 >>  Bill

 >> OK, so now I do find weekly mythconverg backups in
 >> /media/storage/mythtv/db_backups, I was certain that folder was
 >> empty last time I checked but there are five backups in there a week
 >> apart. How do I make these daily? And how do I make them go to /media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox?
>

> Edit the file ~/.mythtv/backuprc for the user running the job to
>  include: DBBackupDirectory=/media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox
>  to set the location.
>  On the cron part I'm not exactly sure since I use fcron. But if I'm
>  right your backup script is in /etc/cron.weekly. Moving it to
>  /etc/cron.daily should make it daily.
>
>  Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
>  "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>  Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>  Het eeuwige dilemma
>  Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
>  De lerende Mens

> Hoi Hika,  the file ~/.mythtv/backuprc already has
> DBBackupDirectory=/media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox in it and only
> that, and that is where mythbuntu backups go, yet mythconverg
> backups go to /media/storage/mythtv/db_backups and weekly because it
> is in the weekly file, I can move that, and I will try disabling the
> MCC backups to see if the mythconverg go where I want them.

When I still was on 0.26 the backuprc file wasn't there and the
location was managed by the DB backups storage group. Check where that
storage group points. Possibly it points to
/media/storage/mythtv/db_backups and changing it to
/media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox solves it.
I created the backuprc file to restore my 0.26 database into 0.27
before that I didn't need it to backup.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com