[mythtv-users] 5 Db rotate

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 23:26:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>
> Saturday, November 22, 2014, 11:57:27 PM, you wrote:
>

> > On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 11/22/2014 08:23 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> >
> >  Greetings Mythizens, I remember in previous setups having the 5 latest
> Db
> >  backups kept in /var/lib/mythtv/db_backups. That's not happening now, I
> am
> >  getting mythbuntu backups as a result of MCC, but they don't rotate, I
> go
> >  in and cull once in a while. From looking at the wiki I have the backup
> and
> >  restore scripts in /usr/share/mythtv, and I echo'd the location I want
> the
> >  backups to land in, my question is how do I set the frequency to daily
> and
> >  select the time? IIRC this used to happen without a cron job.
> >  Sort of related the box doesn't wakeup for Db backups or MFDB's is this
> >  even possible?     TIA Daryl
> >

> >  The only automatic backups done by the backend are when the schema
> changes,
> >  or for most users, when they upgrade. (I'd like to know if I'm wrong
> about
> >  that.)
> >
> >  Like the other replies, I too use a cron script. So, I'd run it manually
> >  and see what the output says. Probably like this:
> >
> >      sudo /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database
> >
> >  but your path/name may be different, so if the above doesn't work, look
> >  for the right answer in /etc/cron*/*myth* . Don't just run any file you
> >  find, look at its contents to be sure it's doing a backup.
> >
> >  --
> >  Bill

> > OK, so now I do find weekly mythconverg backups in
> > /media/storage/mythtv/db_backups, I was certain that folder was
> > empty last time I checked but there are five backups in there a week
> > apart. How do I make these daily? And how do I make them go to
> /media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox?
>

> Edit the file ~/.mythtv/backuprc for the user running the job to
> include: DBBackupDirectory=/media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox
> to set the location.
> On the cron part I'm not exactly sure since I use fcron. But if I'm
> right your backup script is in /etc/cron.weekly. Moving it to
> /etc/cron.daily should make it daily.
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Hoi Hika,  the file ~/.mythtv/backuprc already
has DBBackupDirectory=/media/storage2/mythtv/Dropbox in it and only that,
and that is where mythbuntu backups go, yet mythconverg backups go to
/media/storage/mythtv/db_backups and weekly because it is in the weekly
file, I can move that, and I will try disabling the MCC backups to see if
the mythconverg go where I want them.