[mythtv-users] user jobs vs the built-in kind

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 20:04:47 UTC 2014

On 11/22/2014 12:57 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It would be nice to get a progress on my transcoding in stead
>> of just "running". I guess you have to regularly update the jobqueue
>
> In the script Michael pointed you to is the magic call:
>
> 	job.update(comment=“progress message”)
>
> but the script doesn’t seem to do anything make the FE show a running job.
 > Guess I’ll have to look through the commflag & transcode code.

Isn't the progress message (each time copy() is called):

     self.job.setComment("%02d%% complete - %d seconds remaining" %\
                             (dstfp.tell()*100/srcsize, remt))

Line 248. And then all the lines like:

             self.job.update(status=Job.STARTING)
             self.job.setStatus(Job.RUNNING)
             self.job.setStatus(Job.FINISHED)
             Job(int(args[0])).update({'status':Job.ERRORED,

Just learning here myself, haven't used the Job() module yet.

--
Bill