[mythtv-users] disabling commflagging

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 21:27:01 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Yann Lehmann <aristide at vtxmail.ch> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I found that commflaging isn't doing so well with the stuff I am recording.
> Often, the end of ads is marked either 30-60 sec too early or too late, so
> that I have to move back or forward to get at the right place.
>
> As commflaging is keeping the backend busy, I wanted to disable it totally.
>
> To do so, I have unchecked the corresponding item in mythtv-setup on the
> backend. Unfortunately, all recordings are still in the job queue to be
> commflaged.

Probably what you've done is disable the commflag job for your
backend.  That stops the jobs running, but not being queued (you can
have a separate backend that runs the commflag jobs).  As Stephen
mentioned, you'll need to modify all your recording rules and
templates to not submit the job in the first place.

You can delete existing entries in the queue by going through the
front end -> Information Centre -> System Status -> Job Queue, then
using the down arrow to highlight each entry, press enter and you
should be asked if you want to delete the job.

Cheers,
Alistair