[mythtv-users] disabling commflagging

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sat Nov 15 16:47:30 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:00:32 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >
> >I found that commflaging isn't doing so well with the stuff I am
> >recording. Often, the end of ads is marked either 30-60 sec too early or
> >too late, so that I have to move back or forward to get at the right
> place.
> >
> >As commflaging is keeping the backend busy, I wanted to disable it
> totally.
> >
> >To do so, I have unchecked the corresponding item in mythtv-setup on the
> >backend. Unfortunately, all recordings are still in the job queue to be
> >commflaged.
> >
> >Is there a way to disable commflaging totally ? Will it do if I set all
> >channels as ad free ?
> >
> >Thanx and regards
> >Yann
>
> Each recording rule in its Post Processing section has the option for
> "Advert flag new recordings".  You can turn those flags off in each
> recording rule, and also in your template rules so that any newly
> created recording rules will not have it.  If you want to turn all
> those options off in all the rules, then there is no way that I know
> of using the GUI except to do it manually one rule at a time.  You
> could do it with SQL - the setting is in the record.autocommflag field
> and setting that to 0 should disable commflagging for that rule.
>
> But if you have turned off the global flag in mythtv-setup, that
> should have disabled commflagging completely.  If it has not, that
> would seem to be a bug.  I would presume that changing that setting
> would require restarting mythbackend - did you do that?

If you are willing to compile myth yourself, you could try the comm
flagging patches recently posted here by faginbagin:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12308 I believe they were written with
the intention of improving commercial flagging with North American standard
definition content, but they may work for you too.

Karl