[mythtv-users] dbhostname not set

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:15:30 UTC 2014

On 11/13/2014 03:38 PM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After a failed harddisk I had to reinstall my backend.
> Nothing lost due to all the data being on another drive, and the db running
> on another machine.
>
> Now in the past I followed these instructions :
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora
>
> I am the only one that reads this piece of comment in the
> mythbackend.service file :
>
> # Default setting assumes a system wide install. Otherwise it should be set
> # the folder containing the .mythtv subfolder containing the config.xml file
>
> # That the setting should be  (this does not work!!!!!):
> Environment=MYTHCONFDIR=/home/mythtv
>
> # But that this is the one that works:
> Environment=MYTHCONFDIR=/home/mythtv/.mythtv
>
> Very frustrating waste of time.
>
> At least it works now :-)

Maybe you're referring to:

     https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration

I'm not a Fedora or systemd user, but it looks like the example should read:

     Environment=HOME=/etc/mythtv

(not MYTHCONFDIR) to match the other Environment= lines that follow.
Although the 3rd example (Environment=HOME=/~/.mythtv) looks unusual.

I assume a Fedora user (you should get the credit) will fix the Wiki?

--
Bill