[mythtv-users] Blu-ray

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:13:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 November 2014 04:44, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>
>>     I use the AnyDVD option. I have a VM running on my desktop that runs AnyDVD.
>> Once I decrypt the disk, I use other tools to turn the decrypted BluRay into
>> something that MythTV can easily use.
>
> I do that too.
>
> In the VM I share the decrypt disk path, and mount it on the linux
> side where mythtv runs and directly play from that folder. No need to
> rip or anything.
>
> Works great.

MakeMKV provides a working linux libaacs so you can then use a
suitable player. There is a thread about it on xbmc forums, but my
search-fu is missing it today.

Whether or not this works with Myth I do not know, in fact my bluray
player has suffered a fault so I cannot test anything bluray right
now!