[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu-bare-client crashes

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 00:14:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]

I really appreciate this list and all the help I have received. The link
that you ask about Mark was created by my son way back when I started Myth,
so I could examine and manipulate recordings (totally ignorant of the
elegance of Myth) I would be able to open my file system and in the home
directory see a mythtv file linked from /var/lib/mythtv. I've learned a ton
since then, and said link, now with storage directories enabled created
confusion when I opened media library > watch videos I would see var in
there and clicking it I would see lib, which created a virtual labyrinth.
Now with the link removed /var/lib/mythtv is empty on the SSD and
/media/storage and /media/storage2 my two 1Tb drives accept recordings,
banners etc. and watch videos has videos only in it. In an effort to keep
the noise down on this list I don't always expound upon my own stupidity
once I finally get things understood, but I guess the cat is out of the bag
now! Once again big time kudos to everyone from this hammer wielding
retired industrial maintenance man turned biggest Mythtv fan!   Daryl