[mythtv-users] Comcast encrypting World Series on FoxHD

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:29:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
<cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:

>  These commands do it on homerun prime
>
> hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF set /tuner2/vchannel 763
> hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner2/vstatus
> You will see something like this
> vch=763 name=USAHD auth=subscribed cci=none cgms=protected-copyonce

And that particular set of flags (cci=none (which is
not the same as cci=unrestricted)) which says to
use cgms) means that one is likely to be on a
SA/Cisco franchise with the "improved" firmware.
cgms=protected-copyonce means MythTV can
not record (nor will the content be sent via firewire).

I would still suggest to take this change in protection
"up the line" with Comcast, but as I have no standing
(nor ability to validate the problem or any fix as proposed)
someone in the impacted franchises are going to have
to lead the way.  Good luck.