[mythtv-users] DVB-T2 pcie tuners

Chris Simmons cps-mythtv-users at corefiling.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 12:58:03 UTC 2014

Sadly my PCTV 290e has given up the ghost so I'm looking to get a
replacement for UK dvb-t2.

I'm thinking that I'll getting a dual pcie tuner although I'm open to
persuasion.  I'm thinking one of these:-

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TBS6281
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVBSKY_T982

Back up plan is to replace it but I think the 290e has been replaced
with the 292e.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCTV_Systems_tripleStick_T2_%28292e%29

I'm leaning towards the TBS device partly because there's an open source
driver as well and it would be nice to have in-kernel drivers one day.

1) Has anyone had any experience of these?
2) Do these pcie cards support multirec?

I think I'd be better off with a single tuner that supports multi-rec
than a dual tuner.

Cheers,

Chris Simmons