[mythtv-users] MythTV v.27 an HDHR Prime w/comcast

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:53:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 6:16 AM, John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc)
> <v-johmo at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Ok, so I have not been able to get mythtv to scan an see channels from my
> > hdhr.
>
> One does not "scan channels" with a HDHR Prime and
> an activated CableCARD.  One uses "Fetch channels from
> listings source" to download the cable channel definitions.

I can't say that channel scanning doesn't work in MythTV, but in my
experience it does with the channel scanner built into the HDHR3-CC's web
interface. Now, how useful that is is another subject all together, but it
did help me figure out that I'm getting some channels that are not in my
lineup and I'm not getting some that are in my lineup, but I guess I need
to take that up with SD :)

Thanks,
Richard