[mythtv-users] Deep dark magic

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 17:12:39 UTC 2014

On Nov 9, 2014, at 7:15 AM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> I have a schedule rule to record the news daily:
>
> Schedule Options
> Record Any Time Any Channel
> What could I do to enforce a single recording?

Myth has a once daily and once weekly schedule type. You highlight the "first" showing and create your rule so it will take that time as the beginning of a daily or weekly cycle. Daily/weekly used to be up-front with all the other rule types but got moved to appear only for power searches or custom searches, I'm not sure which. Anyway, it sounds like what you're looking for.

> Filters
> This Channel

I thought there was a "this day" filter but I'm not near my mythbox to verify.

Check out the backend's verbose options (www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging), I believe there is a "scheduler" option that tells all. I think there's also a way to force a reschedule from the command line but I cant' remember the option right now.

> I’m getting zero byte recordings. If I look at the channel on LiveTV it ranges from good to bad (where bad is pixellated and squawky). If I scan there are multiple repeats of the channels. I suspect I may have choosen a *bad set* and I should rescan and try again. The logs are not very enlightning (from memory something like) “Recording failed”. Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

In current master is some nifty code to monitor signal quality and, when a recording appears damaged, enable recording a rebroadcast of the show. It might not help you if you're running an older version but there is better behaviour on the way.

- George