[mythtv-users] LCD and Mythweb Questions

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Nov 8 22:07:49 UTC 2014

I have just upgraded to a new MythTV machine (combined FE/BE), with a
fresh install of mythbuntu 14.04.1 (0.27.4-fixes).  During my checkout
and testing period, I noticed that the LCD display did not show any
backend status (ie, recording activity).  The LCD does display frontend
activity (clock, menu navigation, recording playback, etc.).  I checked
and the show backend info checkbox was checked in the setup.  After a
while, I noticed that the LCD did start showing the BE recording status,
so I thought it had fixed itself.  Well I have now done the final DB
upgrade from my previous system and moved my storage drives over, but
the LCD no longer shows any BE status.  The setup is still showing that
option checked.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

The second odd thing is with mythweb.  When I use firefox from the FE/BE
system, the channel icons on the listings and recorded programs page are
all scaled to the same size and look OK.  When I use firefox from some
other machine, the channel icons are not scaled at all.  This produces a
poor UI.  Some are larger and some small.  Why would mythweb scale the
icons sometimes and not for others?  Note, when accessing from the FE/BE
system, I use the 127.0.0/mythweb URI, and from other machines the
192.168.x.x/mythweb URI.  I cannot see why that should matter.

Jay