[mythtv-users] Channel sort/delete

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sat Nov 8 16:33:52 UTC 2014

On 08/11/14 13:35, Johan Van der Kolk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> probably need a smart SQL query, and detailed understanding of mythconverg, a combination I do not have…so some advise requested.
>
> Situation:
> Receiving from satellite, channel scan generates about 2700 channels across three satellites and numerous muxes.
> - I’m interested in viewing content from certain providers, such as BSkyB, SkyDE or similar. Each provider use several muxes and transponders across the three satellites to provide their content.
> - I’m subscribed to the providers (not the ones in the example) and each subscription allows me to see a subset of their channels.
> - I’m not interested in loads of free channels that only air advertisements, and/or that I do not understand (spanish, italian, french, etc)
> - Many “duplicate” channels such as NGC, have the same name, but are destined for another country, but are on a different transponder/satellite, and have a different audio track.
>
> What is a smart way to select only channels from certain providers and delete/disable the rest.(even if in multiple steps)
> I have been looking at the tables, but nothing seems to identify the provider or my rights to view uniquely.
> Rights to view are exchanged via a smart card and the receiver, based on a CA id, but that information, which I think would be useful for my purpose is not visible in the database.
>
> Is there a smart way, other than browsing through 2500 channels to select the ones I want?
>
> btw, I have a similar problem with the icon downloader….multiple channels with same name, I have to select one of 4 icons, but I don’t know which exact channel the icon will be assigned to…
> Any smart solutions here?

Make a list of the channels you want and the channel numbers you want to
assigb to them and write your own script based on this one
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script

It basically hides all channels first, adds 10000 to the channel number,
then makes the ones you want visible again and assigns the channel
number of your choice to it.

It's a bit of work to set it up for the first time, but after that you
just run the script every time you scan for new channels.

HTH
Thomas