[mythtv-users] upgrade failure

M D weworama at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:10:46 UTC 2014

 >    datetime:  2014-11-04 18:01:45 (EST)
 >   errornum:  256
 > error type:  User Error
  >error string:  !!NoTrans: Access denied for user
 > 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [#1045]

I too have had upgrade failures after upgrades, each time after upgrade to
mysql and I speculate it is a security change/interaction of mysql and
myth.  This was a symptom from one of those failures.

> 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [#1045]

and

>mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [#1045] [err] => Access
>denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [errno] =>
>1045 [last_sh] => Database_Query_mysql Object

Both relate to an mysql and a password;  Two suggestions:

In mysql check the install scripts did not generate a new password for your
mythtv user at "localhost".  (as root user   mysql> SELECT User, Host,
Password FROM mysql.user;)

Also check that if you run a system with multiple FEs  make sure you have a
"mythtv" user at the specific ip address of the what I assume is a combined
BE/FE as well as  localhost .  {This is in addition to the range of ip
addresses from which other back ends can connect even if the BE is within
that IP range   This seems like it should be unnecessary. but one of my
failed installs did not complete until I did that.)