[mythtv-users] PVR-150/300/500 HVR-1600 commflag workaround

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Nov 4 04:26:10 UTC 2014

On 11/3/2014 12:42 PM, Justin Alcorn wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:
>> On 11/3/2014 2:11 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi faginbagin,
>>>
>>> Monday, November 3, 2014, 7:20:52 AM, you wrote:
>>>

>> I don't know. AFAICT, the problem has been there since Feb 2013 and was in 0.26, but I believe it should only have affected PVR tuners installed on machines running a 32 bit OS.
>>
>> I remember rebuilding seek tables for my recordings when I upgraded from 0.23 to 0.25 or 0.26 (forget which), but I think it was unrelated to this problem as (I seem to recall) there was an issue with digital recordings (especially with changing frame rates), as well as analog recordings made on both 32 bit and 64 bit OSs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Helen
>
> I get the decoding error on every recording, I'm running Ubuntu
> 14.04.1 with MythTV 0.28 on a 64-bit OS.

If it's one decoding error shortly before mythcommflag exits, that's normal and rebuilding the seek table won't make any difference. If it's lots of decoding errors, then rebuilding the seek table might help.

Are you getting one decoding error, or lots of them?

If lots of decoding errors, are the recordings from a PVR-150/300/500 or HVR-1600?

Regards,
Helen