[mythtv-users] scheduling recordings of series

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:55:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  What is the best way to schedule series recording ?
> Do i start with  Find and record one showing of this title.

The way I do it is from MythWeb.  I search for a show or click on an
episode through the listings page.  I then click on this option:
"Record at any time on any channel"

In filters, I click on High Definition to make sure it only records an HD
feed of the show.

There are other filters to ensure you only get that epsiode, only use that
specific channel, etc.  I DO NOT click on the "This Series" filter and
unsure what it does.

If it airs on a channel that may start late (for example, ESPN may have a
sports program go later, so for the 30 for 30 series, I will choose this
option), give it as many minutes extra as you think you may need.

That should start a series recording on all channels the show airs on but
it should also only record unique episodes of that series.

Good luck