[mythtv-users] PVR-150/300/500 HVR-1600 commflag workaround

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Nov 3 18:06:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Justin Alcorn <justin at jalcorn.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:
> > On 11/3/2014 2:11 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> >> Hoi faginbagin,
> >>
> >> Monday, November 3, 2014, 7:20:52 AM, you wrote:
> >>

> > I don't know. AFAICT, the problem has been there since Feb 2013 and was
> in 0.26, but I believe it should only have affected PVR tuners installed on
> machines running a 32 bit OS.
> >
> > I remember rebuilding seek tables for my recordings when I upgraded from
> 0.23 to 0.25 or 0.26 (forget which), but I think it was unrelated to this
> problem as (I seem to recall) there was an issue with digital recordings
> (especially with changing frame rates), as well as analog recordings made
> on both 32 bit and 64 bit OSs.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Helen
>
> I get the decoding error on every recording, I'm running Ubuntu
> 14.04.1 with MythTV 0.28 on a 64-bit OS.

I have faginbagin's comm flag patch installed but not the pointer typecast
patch (yet). I'm on 64 bit Gentoo, mythtv-0.27.4-something plus a couple
patches. I haven't seen decoding errors from my PVR-500 recordings, except
the one that always seems to hit at the end of the file. I don't think I
had them before the comm flag patch either, though. Comm flagging with the
patch does seem to be subjectively a little better--I find I'm reaching for
the remote less frequently. Thanks for your work on this.

Karl