[mythtv-users] How to Add Custom Menu Items

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Mon Nov 3 18:06:00 UTC 2014

On 03/11/14 17:31, Jay Foster wrote:
> In my MythTV 0.21-fixes system, I added a custom menu item to the main
> menu.  I did this by editing the /usr/share/mythtv/library.xml file and
> added a <button> </button> section.  This file does not exist in
> 0.27.4.  What is the accepted method for adding a custom menu item?  Is
> there a way to do so that will not get overwritten with an update?

Next time you try to open a new thread, you shouldn't do it by replying
to another message. I (and most people on a mailing list I guess) read
it threaded. Your message appears now in the middle of another thread
and might get overlooked by others.

If you're too "lazy" to type the email address, you can right click on
it in Thunderbird and select "Compose Message To".

HTH
Thomas