[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase fails on mariadb

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:44:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Darwin O'Connor <doconno at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use mythtv on mac os x installed with macports.
>
> When mythfilldatabase is run after it gets part way through (where it fails
> varies) it gets errors saying "MySQL server has gone away". This started
> when I replaced mysql with mariadb as required by the latest version of
> mythtv

MythTV itself does not require mariadb.  If that upgrade
occurred with your distro, talk to your distro maintainers
about dependency definitions.

That all said, MythTV works quite well mariadb if it is
configured equivalently to mysql.  However, it should
be noted, than an "upgrade" could have easily changed
the configuration.  I would look carefully at the before
and after configurations.