[mythtv-users] Unable to access BBC Red Button

Paul M dazzle at edazzle.net
Sun Nov 2 15:59:08 UTC 2014

I have recently found I am unable to access the BBC Red Button services. I

also have no 'red button' graphic at the top right of the screen on channels

like BBC News or BBC1. I have 'Enable interactive services' checked in the

mythfrontend settings.

When I do press the 'red button' I eventually
get a message which says 'Due
to a technical problem, we are unable to carry
out your request at
this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.'

have noticed in the terminal that freemheg is trying to access a web
address
starting with 'http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/' so I presume it is
trying to get
the red button off of the web. I can see no option to 'Enable
network access
for interactive TV'.

I am running fixes/0.27
(0.27.2-13).