[mythtv-users] Time-Warner Cable/upcoming top-to-bottom channel reorg

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri May 30 16:27:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> As someone who designed databases for 35+ years I can tell you there are
> ways to get round this problem and others in the myth db, but I don't wish
> to start an unwanted controversy.
>
> If anyone is interested I could make my suggestions public but I think that
> would really depend on the attitude of the developers.

Mmm.  Really, the main shortage here is, as usual, developer manpower.
 I could certainly come up with a design to fix this, but I don't.
Even if I had more free time and could devote that time to a MythTV
patch, this wouldn't be a high enough priority issue for me to get
around to fixing it.  The opportunity cost is too high.  I don't spend
much time looking at the mythweb status page top recorded channel
list.

Eric