[mythtv-users] Record types

John J Tucker mythtv
Fri May 30 03:54:53 UTC 2014

On May 29, 2014, at 4:55 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM, John J Tucker <mythtv at mythtv.org> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I have looked there and none of the options appear to do what I want.  I was hoping someone smarter than me would figure it out and let me know....I'm stumped.
>
> adios,
> jt
>
> The "This channel" filter should do what you want.  Like Mark said, you should find it under the Advanced Options section on mythweb (assuming your version of Mythweb is new enough).  Alternately, in mythfrontend, when editing a recording rule hit [M]enu and choose "Filter Options".
>
> Also, please in the future, bottom-post when responding to a message on this list.
>

> John

Sorry,  The mail program I use posts at the top but your answer is not an answer.  I guess the "should" is really doesn't.  If you select either of the first two

	•  Record only this showing.
	•  Find and record one showing of this title.

You get one and done (the schedule goes away)

If you select the third

	•  Record at any time on any channel.

and that is exactly what you get "any channel".  It doesn't matter what filters are set - you get [Any] in the database channel column

Blue Bloods	0	[ Any ]	Default	Autodetect	Default	Always	Default	 	 	0000-00-00 00:00:00

Still looking for an answer.

adios,
jt