[mythtv-users] Twin DVB-S2 PCIe device

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:11:09 UTC 2014

On 29/05/14 07:35, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to upgrade mythbackend with a double DVB-S2 device, I want to
> use the PCIe interface for it.
>
> I search some cheap devices:
>
>     - DVBSky S952: http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVBSky_S952
>
>     - TeVii S480: http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TeVii_S480
>
> Anyone has this devices? Any recommendation?
>
> I want to add it in a HP ProLiant MicroServer (150 W).
>
> Regards.

I use the TBS 6981, originally with the TBS linux drivers, but am now
using the open source drivers in the latest kernels (3.12 and on from
memory).

The TBS linux drivers do work, but use a very old version of the media
software stack, which can cause problems if you have devices from other
suppliers.

Mike