[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Tue May 27 15:15:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, with the present Gentoo version I cannot watch ongoing
> recordings. It just freezes and I had to restart mythfrontend.
> Could you put it masked on the maintree or give directions to your
> overlay.

If you have layman installed, just run layman -a rich0.  There are a
few things in there besides mythtv, but most are packages not in the
tree at all (so no effect), or fixes to packages that probably have
been superseded in the tree that I need to clean up.  Still, I'd check
what portage wants to install after you add my overlay and remove it
once it goes into the main tree - mythtv-0.27.1 shouldn't have new
dependencies if you're already on the March fixes patch.  As mythtv
upgrades go this one looks pretty easy.

The updated package is in my overlay, and it builds just fine.  I
can't vouch for what happens when you run it though.  I'll test it
this weekend.

> By the way, the present ebuild won't build with vaapi on
> amd64. Which is not directly a problem for me, for I had it only
> enabled for testing.

I don't get any failures, but I'll take any bugs you want to file if
you can give me the build output and the gory details.  I could be
missing a dependency of some kind.

Rich