[mythtv-users] Upcoming recording fails to record

Andy Summerskill andysummerskill at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 13:53:07 UTC 2014

Last week we had a power cut at home. The PC where Mythbackend resides
(running Mythbuntu 12.04) rebooted without any problem when power was
restored and everything seemed OK. However, all TV programs scheduled to
record failed to record. Rebooting the system failed to resolve the
problem.
The default storage group directory is the standard "\var\lib\mythtv
\recordings" which is located on the hard drive of the backend PC. I
have two directories set up for video storage: "\var\lib\mythtv
\recordings" and "\mnt\mss-038100\Our_Videos". The second directory is
located on a NAS drive (I also have a Music storage group directory set
upon the NAS drive). It turns out that this drive restarts but does not
reconnect to the network automatically when the power returns. However,
reconnecting the NAS drive then running "sudo mount -a" on the backend
fixed the problem with programs not recording without having to reboot
the backend.
The question I have is:
Shouldn't one be able to record TV programs to the default storage group
directory located on a local drive even if a directory of another
storage group is not connected?

Andy Summerskill