[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri May 23 19:26:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 08:22:23PM +0200, Jonatan Lindblad wrote:
> On 2014-05-22 06:18, Fred Hamilton wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >Thanks for the various suggestions regarding sorting by production order rather than air date.  It finally prompted me to learn how to explore and edit the MySQL
> >database.  As an experiment, I swapped episode numbers of two shows, but it didn't change the order it was displayed in MythFrontend.
>
> You don't have to resort to the MySQL command line for changing the episode or season number of a video.  Hit E instead which brings up the metadata editor screen.

    Yeah, but that's an overly fussy way of going about it.

    With a little script fu, you can automate the reordering for the entire
run of a show. Feed it a list with what the data should be (as well as what
the incorrect settings are) and let it ripe.

[deletia]

    How many times do you want to futz with some GUI operation? 80?

    It's technically "easy" but perhaps not something you want to do.