[mythtv-users] 0.27: Stalls and other niggles - fixed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 22 23:57:56 UTC 2014

On 23 May 2014 04:25, John <reidjr at lineone.net> wrote:

> Mikes patch reduces the blocking probability significantly. Added to your
> change to cache the getframeswritten value, it probably more than enough  to
> make the dropped frames invisible. However the root cause of the stalls was
> the blocking of getframeswritten. I feel that continually calling
> getframeswritten to autoskip in progress recordings is a waste of time in
> most cases :-)

in master and 0.27.1 calling GetFramesWritten isn't as bad. The value
is cached for up to 3s, so multiple calls to it doesn't take much
time.

There were cases where GetFramesWritten was called up to 4 times
successively (like during forward seeks)...

This has resulted in much faster seek responses.. Was a couple of
seconds on my system before, it's instantaneous now...

 BTW, it wasn't calling GetFramesWritten for every frame, but in every
event loop...