[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

merc1984 at f-m.fm merc1984 at f-m.fm
Wed May 21 20:50:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014, at 13:34, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Mine sort correctly by season then episode and are not jumbled, not sure
> how you get yours to be mixed. Are you sorting by file size or date or
> something?
>
> The titles (for a series) are all identical obviously so don't impact
> sort order. Remember title is the series name (ie Danger Man in your
> case), subtitle is the episode name (ie View from the Villa). If you have
> multiple series in a single folder then they should be grouped
> alphabetically but otherwise still ordered by season / episode.

Earlier in this thread you said:
--------------------------------------
Essentially for a TV show I have:

/Path/to/TV/"Show Title"/"Season ##"/"Title - S##E## - Subtitle.mp4"

Where /Path/to/TV/ is a folder defined in my Mythvideo storage group.
--------------------------------------
This means episodes will be scrambled up by title instead of
season/episode.

Anyway, I give up.  For some reason Title/Subtitle does not work, but
setting Title and Season/Episode does.  I have to go in and modify the
inetref for 90 shows for Danger Man alone, so Myth will fetch the
metadata.  Then I have other series' to do.  And it seems I'll never get
the episode photos even though it's in thetvdb, so have to do with the
season picture for all shows in a season.

I tried to suggest improvement to Myth, but it'll apparently never
happen.  At least I tried.