[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag-wrapper failing on Ubuntu 14.04 (fixed)

John reidjr at lineone.net
Tue May 20 19:45:13 UTC 2014

For anyone still using http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper

I found my commflagging was silently failing ( commercial flagging was present, but it was 100% of the recording). Eventually chased it down to change in behaviour of avconv.
It will only copy to a file whose type matches the stream (no idea why ). As avcodec/ffmpeg designates the audio streams as mp2, then it was failing to copy the audio file.
Changing to sound.mp2 as the intermediate field solves the problem.

I've updated the wiki: It now reads

ionice -c3 nice avconv -i $filename -acodec copy sound.mp2
ionice -c3 nice mp3splt -s -p $MP3SPLT_OPTS sound.mp2