[mythtv-users] Scrambled preview image after HandBrakeCLI transcode

David H. Johnson, III dhjohnson at gmail.com
Mon May 19 13:44:06 UTC 2014

I'm having the same issue as Mark
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/555356) --
mythpreviewgen is cranking out scrambled/garbled images (exact symptoms
as Mark's) on my HandBrakeCLI-transcoded MP4s.  I tried Mike(mtdean)'s
solution and ran

mythcommflag --rebuild --file /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/2002_20140429140000.mp4

but still get the same scrambled images.  Am I missing something?  Prior
to running mythcommflag, I updated the filename, filesize and transcoded
fields for the appropriate record in the recorded table.  Is there
anything else I need to update?

Thank you,
David