[mythtv-users] Ceton Recorder [Was: Re: Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 17 17:23:51 UTC 2014

On 18 May 2014 03:09, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 17, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can confirm, that Patch #2 ceton2.diff from TRAC also appears to work just fine.
>
> Looks like you got it fixed!

I have another solution

Googling it, it seems that many rtsp server (in particular video
cameras) will drop the connection too if you are sending GET_PARAMETER
as keepalive, if they don't support that option.

that's what ffserver and VLC do: check if GET_PARAMETER is supported,
if so use it for keepalive, otherwise sends an "OPTIONS" command
instead.

will do that and post it