[mythtv-users] fire tv as mythtv frontend

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 15 18:07:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
> If I understood correctly six streams is the limit of one "Multi-Stream"
> CableCARD. So having devices with multiples of six concurrent channels
> appears logical.

Correct.  That, and given the pricing (by the MSOs) of the CableCARD
rental per card nominally encourages those households with a healthy
appetite for content to consider a six stream device, all else being
equal (and things are rarely equal).

Note that some (early) firmware for some M-Cards apparently had
issues with actually supporting six streams.  And the (early) firmware
for tuning adapters (in locations where they are used) also had issues
with supporting six streams.  Mostly fixed now, although there are
always special cable operators.