[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 15 13:04:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 13:12 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> it will never be as fast as a TV the way mythtv is setup where when
> you change to a channel, it starts a new recording, then when it has
> saved enough data it tells the frontend which will then attempt to
> read it.

Yeah.  I have often thought that a better implementation for LiveTV
would be to start streaming to the FE the moment data starts coming from
the tuner so that you are writing it both to the FE and the recording at
the same time and then only when the user does something that interrupts
the live stream (pause, skip back) switch the FE to the recording.

I'm not at all saying it would be trivial to do, indeed, I suspect it
would be a significant change to how things are done.  And I am sure I
am definitely not the first person to think of this.

But just sayin', regardless.  :-)

Thanks for all of these fixes regardless!

Cheers,
b.