[mythtv-users] Limit concurrent instances of mythpreviewgen?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 14 12:58:24 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 06:04 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 13/05/14 20:16, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> The best bet for the OP is to set up his MythWeb to page the
>> recordings so that
>> his incapable backend can squeak by.  Change the "Page recorded
>> programs" from
>> "Off" to 25.
>>
> I would be content if there was a method to change preview generation
> to "off". As I may have mentioned before, I find them of no use whatever.

If that's the case, disable showing pixmaps for the Recorded Programs
view of MythWeb in MythWeb settings.

As others have said, creating a single, small preview at the end of
recording/commercial detection/transcoding isn't much of a resource
drain, so we always do that so a "default" preview is available, and
there's no need for a setting to disable this.  It only becomes a
problem when something like MythWeb decides to show you all of your
recordings and creates new, differently-sized previews for each and your
backend(s) can't keep up with the requests.  So, if you find them of no
use whatever, tell MythWeb not to show them.

Mike