[mythtv-users] Best settings for transcoding HD content to save space?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:42:03 UTC 2014

On 5/13/14, 4:35 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org
> <mailto:eric at lisaneric.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Andre Newman
>     <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk <mailto:mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>> wrote:
>     > UHDTV is coming... sooner than most think.
>
>     Due in the U.S. by 2035.  I'll be able to pay for it with my new chip
>     & pin credit card.
>

> Going OT here, but the chip & pin CC thing in the US boggles me. We;ve
> had them in Canada for years. Considering the economies of scale (and
> that massive Target hack) you think it'd be a no brainer.

As you said, a no-brainer. Something present in US businesses *is* a
state of no-brain. Case in point, Target and multiple hacks of retailers
since the Target hack was reported.
US businesses see spending a nickle to make a quarter is bad. Better to
spend nothing, hope not to lose the bankroll and make that quarter
before the big loss hits.