[mythtv-users] Limit concurrent instances of mythpreviewgen?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:15:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/13/14, 12:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Possible solutions might be to either:
>>
>> And a few others....
>>
>> 3) Change your browser to limit the number of concurrent
>>     connections and/or disable pipelining.
>
> These both seem a bit heavy-handed.

However, since the browser waits to make the
request (sequentially), you are far more likely
to (eventually) get all of your thumbnails
(when the clock stops spinning) without your
"refresh" kludge until you are satisfied.

As with much else, "good enough" will depend
on your perspective.  I tend to dislike things
that sometimes do, and sometimes do not,
work.

and a few other options:

6) Change the timeout on your browser to wait
    longer for the results.

7) View the page more regularly so that you
    have far fewer thumbnails to generate (or
    get a click monkey to do it for you).

8) Write a script to "view" the page (including
    fetching the thumbnail links) that you run
    regularly (which will keep your thumbnail
    cache more current).