[mythtv-users] New OS X Installer

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue May 13 12:24:36 UTC 2014

At 8:53 AM +0100 5/13/14, Justin Hornsby wrote:
>FWIW I've seen somebody writing his own userspace drivers for USB
>DVB tuners based on the V4L API for OSX to use with tvheadend. I
>don't think he's ever released any of it though.

The "Import Recorder" offers a potentially simple route to talk to
external USB tuners.  There was a user last year who was doing that
with an Hauppauge HD-PVR on OS X.  He was using it with a command
line program called HDPVR Capture (commercial, developer wants $30).
Unfortunately, he found that program wasn't very stable--crashed
every 24 hours or so.

Still, one wouldn't need to write a full-fleged driver...just a
single-purpose command line utility to change channels, record, etc.

BTW, about the only documentation I can find on the Import Recorder
is the commit message:

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/65bcb3938928fd07efb314c32d1e4e0984212c94/mythtv

I think I'll at least make a stub page in the wiki...

Craig