[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Tue May 13 08:33:49 UTC 2014

On 12/05/2014 20:06, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Every full fledged mail client supports filtering rules, as do many
> webmail clients.
>
> The In-Reply-To field was defined for email in RFC822 way way back in
> 1982, allowing mail clients to track a conversation across multiple
> replies, enabling threading, so you can view or ignore entire topics
> as a whole.  This "next cool super tool" is built-in functionality,
> rather than the lack there of, and over 30 years old.

The problem with the In-Reply-To field is that, if a user replies to a
message but changes the subject line because the subject has changed,
clients will still group the message in the original thread. This way,
if a user has set a thread to "ignore" or just folded away a thread,
they won't see the new messages in a different subject. So, for me, I
prefer the simple solution of sorting or grouping by subject.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T