[mythtv-users] New OS X Installer

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue May 13 01:35:10 UTC 2014

MacPorts makes it even easier to install a complete OS X-based MythTV
0.27-fixes system!

Now, there is a pre-built installer available for OS X, 10.6 and higher, at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/macportsmythtvinstaller/

It provides everything for a self-contained Mac-based system:
-backend and MySQL
-frontend
-Perl, Python and PHP bindings
-MythWeb, for accessing and controlling your Myth system via a web browser
-all the support programs and packages to make everything 'just work'!

This version of the Myth software includes the recent enhancements to
AirPlay and other Mac-specific fixes (thanks JYA).

As always, cookbook-type instructions are at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts

I've worked through a test install and updated the instructions
accordingly.  If you find anything I've missed, please let me know or
update the wiki yourself.

By the way, typically you shouldn't 'mix and match' the pre-built
installer with MacPorts software you've built yourself.  They will
each want to write to some system locations and don't know to avoid
each other.

Enjoy!

Craig