[mythtv-users] Random recording failure

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon May 12 20:34:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net>wrote:

> On 05/12/2014 10:38 AM, Frank Phillips wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>>   And I have a patch for #11119 at comment 15. It's been less than 24
>> hours, so probably still there. To check, press M > change recording group
>> > LiveTV.
>>

>  Oops, it's M > change group filter > LiveTV
> Then to move the highlighted program, M > storage options > change
> recording group > default.
>
>  ***
> Thanks, good info.
>
> mike

You can avoid this bug by not using LiveTV, ideally not at all, but at the
least not using Live TV to watch a scheduled recording. But I realize
habits can be hard to break, especially for "others" in the household. :-)
I finally got my wife to pretty much stop using LiveTV once I got enough
disk space that she doesn't have to worry about how much space there is, so
she just set it up to record ALL the shows that she and the kids watch.

Karl