[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Mon May 12 19:56:51 UTC 2014

Am 12.05.2014, 21:39 Uhr, schrieb Jeremy Jones <jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:
>
>> On 5/12/2014 2:06 PM, Nicolas Krzywinski wrote:
>>
>>> Am 12.05.2014, 10:21 Uhr, schrieb Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
>>>
>>>  Get a client or MDA that offers filtering? Use threading to

>>> functionality of a rarely used alternative. :p
>>>

>> Every full fledged mail client supports filtering rules, as do many
>> webmail clients.
>>
>> The In-Reply-To field was defined for email in RFC822 way way back in
>> 1982, allowing mail clients to track a conversation across multiple
>> replies, enabling threading, so you can view or ignore entire topics as a
>> whole.  This "next cool super tool" is built-in functionality, rather than
>> the lack there of, and over 30 years old.
>>

> Raymond:  I've seen a few replies, scattered out over several years, where
> you have made statements regarding certain mail clients and how they should
> honor the 'In-Reply-To' field, but I never have seen a list of popular
> clients that do/don't honor this field.  Can spout off a few for us?  How
> do we tell if our client does this right or not?
I use Opera and it does display the mailing list's emails best, compared to the standard android email client I use on the tablets and the standard email client I use on iPhone.
Yes, I can filter in Opera, but I don't know why this should help. On one side I don't know what to filter as there are no fixed category tags all people are using consistently.
On the other side, I complained about this technology, because it spams all mails over to all my clients. Filtering on client side is not an approach that alters anything here.

I don't care for the history, I care for ergonomy and the ease of usage. For this, I have given up to try to follow the mailing list on android and ios, because it simply costs too much time to swipe all those mails away.
In Opera it is kind of easy to delete them, but still, it is manual work - I have to select all those mailing list threads that I don't care of and have to manually delete ... every day!
The sense of information technology is to reduce the manual amount of work, not to increase! :D

--
www.nskcomputing.de