[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 10 04:41:16 UTC 2014

On 10 May 2014 07:48, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Removed because:
>
> a) It's unintuitive.

???

it works in millions of low-end phones...

unintuitive?

> b) It didn't work in all text boxes, so it was inconsistent.
> c) We now have a full-fledged on-screen keyboard available.
> d) We use remote controls--not phones--to control MythTV and the vast
> majority (all?) remote controls do not have the letters above the numbers so
> people would have to memorize which button to hit for various letters and it
> makes it hard to type numbers (especially for people with real keyboards).

that got to be the lamest excuse ever really...

Searching any text with a remote control in myth sucks... period.

> e) People used to say, "I can't type zero in the text box because when I do
> I get a space," because they didn't realize that you have to hit 9 three
> times (or whatever number it was that wasn't zero) to get a zero.
> f) (OK, this wasn't so much a concern back when it was removed) Even phones
> don't use that input style, anymore, so why would people think that a DVR
> would.  (It's not 1999, anymore, people. ;)

fine..

find me an easier way, as efficient method to enter text then...

and no, dozen of keypress to enter a letter isn't a valid option